Grey's Streamflex 10' - 3 weight - 4 piece
The ultimate river rod, designed for the most technical and demanding of light line anglers.
Grey's improved the original Streamflex's legendary smoothness and in-hand balance with totally redesigned blanks and custom fittings as well as adding specialised sizes to meet the advancing demands of today's technical angler.
All new, in-house designed aerospace grade alloy reel fittings with stunning burl maple wood spacers, section line up marks and our custom composite tipped handle completes these rods for a light line rod range that can't be matched.
Grye's GX900 Fly Reel
- Smooth middle to tip action with fast-recovering tip
- High modulus carbon construction
- Section line up marks
High grade cork and composite hybrid handle
- Anodized aluminum reel seat with maple burl spacers
- Twin reel seat locking nuts
- Triangular Cordura rod tube
A high specification, high quality reel, the GX900 is a serious competitor in all forms of fishing, from tackling small wild Trout in the Scottish Highlands with the #2/3/4, to taming those big, hard fighting Salmon on famous rivers around the world with the larger sizes, there's a GX900 to accompany you on your next trip, wherever that may be.
RIO Ultimate Euro Nymphing Line
- Centralised twin Rulon disc drag
- 6061 bar stock Aluminium construction
- Tool less conversion from left to right hand wind
- Large arbor design with captive spool release
- Supplied with Neoprene Pouch
A fly line specifically developed for the European Nymphing Methods by RIO Products and Steve Parrott, a Blue Quill Angler Exclusive!!!
This thin diameter fly line will increase strike detection due to the low stretch core and the reduction of slack between the guides as well as at the rod tip. The semi-supple yet slightly rough coating will give you total line control, even when wet. It's inception was out of frustration at the offerings in today's market that would work, but were not ideal for the European Methods. The idea is a fly line that acts like a leader, yet cast like a fly line. The thin diameter combined with the low stretch core and supple outer coating provide superb sensitivity which translates into increased strike detection. The line stays straight in the guides and almost hovers out of the rod tip, reducing almost all the slack that traditional lines create due to their tapers.
This is not a ''universal'' fly line that will cast dries, streamers and indicator rigs!!! It is a European Nymphing specific fly line that will change the way you fish these methods. If you have a dedicated European Nymphing set-up, you owe it to yourself to try this line, it will change the game!!!!!**This fly line was designed to work across all the line weights (2-5) as you are not relying on the weight of the fly line to load the rod but rather the supple tips found on the European specific rods and the weight of the flies.** Read more on the development of this line and why it will change the way you fish the European Nymphing Methods!!!!
- Length - 78'
- Taper - Modified Double Taper
- Diameter - .020''(tip); .025''(middle)
- Core - Low Stretch 12lb Core
- Color - Dark Sage with a 5'' Hi-Vis tip with ''micro'' welded loop on one end and open on the other. (This allows you to splice or knot your leader to the fly line)